Information for your visit to Ballybrit next week
INFORMATION FOR YOUR VISIT TO THE GALWAY RACES SUMMER FESTIVAL 2021
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- Digital ticket – printed or a copy on your phone.
- Proof of ID (corresponding to the name on the ticket).
- Face Mask. Face coverings are mandatory throughout the racecourse. Please bring a spare facemask with you as they will not be provided at the racecourse.
CAN I PURCHASE TICKETS ON THE DAY?
- The Summer Festival is currently sold out. There will be no walk-up tickets available on the day. We ask that you do not attend the racecourse without a valid ticket and ID as you will be refused entry.
CAN I TRANSFER OR GIVE AWAY MY TICKET?
- Unfortunately, not, all tickets must be used by the purchaser who has completed the Covid regulations form at the time of purchase.
CAN I BRING MY CHILDREN?
- Yes, however due to restrictions on the number of attendees, children must have a purchased ticket to gain entry.
- There will be no children’s entertainment.
ON ARRIVAL- YOUR ENTRY PROCESS
- Please enter through Entrance B.
- Your ticket will be scanned to gain admission and proof of ID will be asked for.
- Please allow extra time on arrival for getting through this process. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding with those working at the turnstiles.
- A race card will be given to you as part of your entry.
- Ensure social distancing of 2m. Be aware that requirements for physical distancing and reduced facilities may lead to increased queuing times for amenities such as food and toilet facilities.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- Under current Covid-19 regulations there will be 1,000 racegoers allowed at each day of the Galway Races Summer Festival.
- Outdoor seating only: this will be an entirely outdoor event and there will be one-way systems in place so you will find this a different experience from pre Covid race meetings. Please follow all signage and instructions from our teams and stewards. We thank everyone in advance for your co-operation and understanding.
- Parking is free at Ballybrit. Parking will be clearly signposted around the racecourse.
- Accessible carparking spaces will be available.
ARE THERE DESIGNATED ARRIVAL TIMES?
- No, we have not allocated arrival times on tickets. Please be aware that there is an entry process and there might be some delay on entry so please allow a little extra time for this.
- Please wear your face coverings at all times, except when eating or drinking, unless you are under 13 or are unable to wear them because of a physical or mental illness or disability.
WILL THERE BE FOOD AND BEVERAGES AVAILABLE?
- Yes, Food and Beverage facilities will be available around the racecourse. A full site map on the locations of food providers is available below
CAN I BRING MY OWN FOOD AND BEVERAGES?
- No, Galway Racecourse asks that you do not bring your own food and beverages on site. This includes alcohol and picnics due to health regulations.
CAN IN PURCHASE ALCOHOL?
- Yes, alcohol can be purchased by over 18’s only. Alcohol must be ordered and consumed whilst seated and this will be strictly enforced. We ask for your co-operation on this.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
- Please be aware that racing at the moment is an entirely outdoor event. We therefore suggest you check the weather forecast before leaving your home and dress for the weather. There will be no indoor seating. While we hope for sunshine, you may need rain gear/warm clothes
WILL THER BE AN ATM ON SITE?
- Galway Racecourse encourages all attendees to use contactless payment facilities. There will however, be an ATM on site should you require it.
WILL THERE BE TOTE AND BOOKMAKES AT THE RACECOURSE?
- Yes, there will be a limited number of bookmakers on the course. There will also be Tote available. Tote will accept both card and cash on the day and will be making payments in cash.
HOW DO I GET TO THE GALWAY RACES?
- Due to COVID-19 transmission risks Galway Racecourse will not be providing a shuttle bus service. Private transport is preferred. Ample parking is available.
WHAT MEASURES ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT THE SAFETY OF ATTENDEES?
- We offer a range of facilities to assist racegoers in maintaining high hygiene levels and social distancing, including hand sanitation stations, regular sanitation of touch points and welfare facilities, suitably spaced furniture, one-way systems, and signage.
- Social distancing will be supported by Galway Racecourse staff and Security on each day.
- Designated COVID Compliance Officers will be located throughout the site to monitor compliance and provide assistance.
- Under the current plans, we ask you to read our Code of Conduct, which all attendees must agree to. If you have any concerns on the day, we ask you to speak to a member of staff whilst keeping a safe social distance and have a great day at the races!
We are looking forward to welcoming everyone back to the Galway Races. We are continuing to work hard behind the scenes to make sure that you have a great experience on each race day while always ensuring your safety and the safety of those around you. If you have any questions or if there is anything you are unsure of, please contact The Galway Racecourse office on 091 700 100 where a member of the team will be happy to help.