Mad Hatters Competition: Cheering On Our Front Line Heroes
The Mad Hatters Competition 2020 in Association with Ireland West Airport Knock.
Hugely popular with children and families, this Summer, our ‘Mad Hatters Competition’ is back, but with a virtual twist and a new theme, ‘Cheering on our Front-Line Heroes’. Taking place online on the final day of our Summer Festival, Sunday 2nd August, we are in search of the most colourful and creative hats. This competition is ideal for those that love art and crafts and have a super imagination.
We are delighted to have the support and judging expertise of Galway based milliner, Edel Ramberg to help pick the winning hat in both the children’s and adult category. Commenting on the competition Edel said, “with this year being in the comfort of your own home you have the chance to go bigger and bolder for your creation’s as you wont have to go too far to showcase your designs. I look forward to seeing them all”.
How to enter:
- On the day of the competition, Sunday 2nd August, take a selfie or photograph of your creation and post it on social media (Facebook, Instagram or both).
- Tag both the Galway Races and Ireland West Airport, and use the hashtag #MadHattersForTheHeroes
- On the day, entries are open from 10.00am to 3pm.
- Three finalists in each category announced at 4pm on social media.
- The winner of both the children and adult category will be announced at 4.30pm.
PRIZE: kindly sponsored by Ireland West Airport
Children’s 1st Prize
When it is safe to travel, enjoy a family holiday for two adults and two children to stunning Majorca or Faro from Ireland West Airport with Ryanair
Adult’s 1st Prize
2 x Premium Festival Packages to a day of your choice at our 2021 Summer.
This package includes your race day admission, your reserved seat badge with exclusive access to the private Corrib Bar with Panoramic views of the finish line, a racecard, a €10 food voucher and a €5 drink voucher.
Best of luck!