Galway Launches ‘Phone a Friend’
THE GALWAY RACES AT HOME CAMPAIGN
GALWAY RACECOURSE LAUNCHES ‘PHONE A FRIEND’ INITIATIVE
Supportive Racing Industry Backs Galway’s Initiative.
Press Release, Friday 10th July 2020
With just over two weeks until the return of the Galway Races Summer Festival on Monday 27th July, the team in Ballybrit look forward to a somewhat different Galway Races experience with their supporters as they tune-in via RTE television, Racing TV and via the racecourses social media channels from the comfort of your own home this year.
The key to the success of the Galway Races has been their customers. The many friendships formed, renewed and built over the racecourses 150-year history is a credit to all their loyal customers that come from near and far, year on year to enjoy the special atmosphere at Ballybrit.
With that in mind, and as their customers can’t physically be in Ballybrit this Summer as they race behind closed doors, the team want to bring a taste of the Galway Races to all those who are tuned in at home and would benefit from a friendly phone call from a familiar racing face. What better way than with the new Galway Races ‘Phone a Friend’ initiative. Nominate a friend or family member to receive a phone call from a racing personality such in the run to and during race week. A number of nominees will be selected to receive a call from Monday 20th July to Sunday 2nd August 2020.
Commenting on the new initiative Sinéad Cassidy, Sales and Marketing Manager at Galway Racecourse said, “when we contacted various jockeys’, trainers and stable staff to get involved in this project, every single one of them jumped on- board and have been really supportive. We have a fantastic group of supporters who have been coming to the Galway Races for ten, twenty, thirty years plus. This is our way of connecting with them and giving them a little treat to say thank you for all the years of support”.
To nominate your friend or family member to receive a phone call simply:
- Email: email@example.com and give the following details,
- Your full name
- Contact phone number
- Nominees full name and,
- Why your nominee should receive a call?
Phone a Friend Terms & Conditions
- A number of nominees will be selected to receive a call each day from Monday 20th July to Sunday 2nd August 2020. There will be a limited number of calls available so we cannot guarantee that everyone nominated will receive a call.
- Once selected, the person who nominated a friend or family member will receive a call from a member of the Galway Races team to confirm your successful nomination and that they should inform the person they have nominated to expect a call from a racing name.
- Galway Racecourse will be unable to specify the timing of calls. Timing of calls will vary depending on which racing personality is making the call and their availability during the day amongst other duties.
- Neither the nominees or those who nominated them will be able to dictate what time and day they receive their call, or which racing legend will call them.
- Should the nominee miss the call from the racing personality, it will be at the discretion of the racing personality as to how many times they try calling again. In order to avoid the nominee missing the call, it advised that the person who has nominated them, informs them to expect a call and keep their phone to hand.
- Any views expressed by the racing legends or personalities whilst on the calls are the views of the racing personality and not those of Galway Racecourse.